Disable Fast-boot through the Control Panel
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard, type in Power Options, and then press Enter .
- From the left menu, select Choose what the power buttons do.
- Under the Shutdown settings section, uncheck the box next to Turn on fast startup (recommended).
- Click the Save changes button.
Turn off the auto-disconnect feature
Windows will drop idle connections after a specified time-out period, I think it is 15 minutes by default, to prevent wasting resources. You can, however, easily re-establish the connection manually.
If you wish to turn off the auto-disconnect feature, type the following in an elevated command prompt and hit Enter.
net config server /autodisconnect:-1
Turn off auto-tuning network
If it occurs while copying large files over network drives, it could be due to the auto-tuning network.
To turn it off, open an elevated command prompt windows, type the following, and hit Enter:
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
Go to Device Manager, network adapters and find the ethernet one.
– right click for properties – advanced
Disable Energy efficient ethernet (and or green energy) and Wake on magic packet.